CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS OF RESEARCH
Conference papers for double blind peer review and publication in the conference proceedings are requested concerning all aspects relating to the theme of the conference. Submissions from wider fields are also welcome.
Themes may include:
The conference theme encourages – but is not limited to – papers addressing the following sub-themes:
- music in a post-human world
- machine learning and intelligence in music
- autonomous robotic music systems
- generative composition and live performance systems
- networked collaboration in composition and performance
- virtual performance spaces
Papers and presentations may be in one of the following categories:
- Research Paper – Fully refereed (6-8 pages)
- Paper – Abstract refereed (500 word abstract)
- Piece and paper – Abstract refereed (500 word abstract) and support material
- Poster – Abstract refereed (500 word abstract)
- Studio Report (100 word abstract)
- Artist Talk (500 word abstract)
Each spoken presentation (excludes studio reports) will be 20-min in duration with 10-min reserved for questions. The inclusion of creative work is encouraged as a means of research reporting. Stereo playback, and data projection facilities will be made available to all presenters.
Guidelines for submission of papers
All written submissions will be subject to a process of double blind peer review.
The text should be single-spaced; use a 12-point font; employ italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables should be placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The text should adhere to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the ACMC submission templates.
Download ACMC templates below.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS OF CREATIVE WORK
Delegates are welcome to submit creative works for inclusion in concerts or a multi-channel listening room. Both the concert venue and listening room will be equipped with 8 channel surround systems.
The Elder New Music Collective will be ensemble in residence for one of the concerts during the conference. Possibilities for the New Music Collective include:
- Full ensemble + Conductor & electronics.
Instrumentation: Fl, Cl, Vln, Vla, VC, Piano, 2 x perc, multi-channel electronics
(up to 8 channels)
Note – delegates can write for any combination of the instruments above.
- Solo Violin + multi-channel electronics
- Multi-channel electroacoustic
- Live performance
- Fixed Media
Guidelines for submission of creative works
- 500 word abstract
- Links to creative works and support material (please do not upload large files, just include the links to download or stream the submission)
- One page overview of technical requirements
The deadline is 31st of July 2017